Sunday, August 2, 2009

Orlando, Florida

My husband's company announced three weeks ago that they are relocating to Orlando, Florida. Theoretically he could be out of a job this same time next year so after considering the state of the economy, the cost of living in Florida and the options we have on our current home, we have submitted our name to follow.

We created a budget for Florida living expenses and put together an estimate on what it would cost to move. If the company comes back with offers in those ranges, we will move as soon as November 2009. The company estimated a 3-5 week wait-time for offers. It be 3 weeks tomorrow.

We're dead in the water right now. The decision has been made yet it's contingent on the offer we are trying to patiently wait for.

We cannot move any further with moving plans.
Furniture needs to be placed on Craigslist.
I can start packing household items.
We need to get pre-approved for a home loan in Florida.
We need to search for real estate!
A moving company must be hired.
... just to name a few.
But at the same time we cannot invest in future plans here at home.
Future projects at work.
Those never ending house projects are on the back burner.
Shopping of any kind should be avoided.

So we wait.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't goooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
- KB